Call for Papers (PDF)
The 28th Irish Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science (AICS2020) will be hosted by the School of Computer Science of the Technological University Dublin. This year it will take place online from 7-8 December 2020, to observe social distancing due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
With regular conferences dating back to 1988, the AICS Conference is Ireland’s primary forum for researchers with interests in the fields of Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science. While once a niche area, the fields of Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence, which encompass Data Analytics, Information Retrieval, and Machine Learning, are now at the forefront of Irish computing research and industry.
The Program Committee of AICS 2020 invites submissions in the broad areas of Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science. Areas of interest include, but are not restricted to:
|Machine learning |
Model interpretability and explainability
Knowledge representation & reasoning
|Natural language processing|
Planning & scheduling
Semantic web/Linked data
We also seek papers which report on in-use experiences (design, engineering, deployment, utility, and challenges) of AI-based systems. Application-centric papers in related domains such as opinion mining, adaptive information systems, robotics, chatbots, game-playing, visual analytics, intelligent infrastructures, digital twins, and smart environments are welcome. We invite three types of submissions. All accepted submissions will appear in online proceedings published at www.ceur-ws.org.
- Full Paper Track: Full paper submissions should consist of original contributions (describing either basic research, interesting applications, in-use experiences, or reviews of the field) not published in other forums. Papers should be of 6 to 12 pages in length in the Springer LNCS style. Accepted submissions will appear in online proceedings and authors will be invited for oral or poster presentation.
- NECTAR Track: NECTAR track submissions should describe significant results previously published or disseminated no earlier than 2016 at a prestigious international conference or journal. Accepted submissions will be included in online proceedings as a single page abstract, and authors will be invited to present their work orally at AICS.
- Student Track: This track is designed to facilitate students who have recently completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s programme with a dissertation component. Student track submissions should consist of original contributions (describing either basic research or interesting applications) and the first author must be the student upon whose dissertation the paper is based. Papers should be of 6 to 12 pages in length in the Springer LNCS style. Accepted submissions will appear in the online proceedings and authors will be invited for a poster presentation.
Publication and Instructions for Authors
All accepted submissions will be presented at the conference, either orally or as posters, and included in the online CEUR-WS conference proceedings (www.ceur-ws.org). At least one author of each submission will be required to register for, and attend, the conference. All submissions must be made via EasyChair system online at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aics2020
Full papers and student papers must be submitted in Springer LNCS format (single column proceedings), which is also the format required for the final camera-ready copy. A sample LaTeX document in this format is available here.
NECTAR track submissions should consist of a single page with an abstract and reference to the original publication. A sample NECTAR track submission is available here.
Paper Submission Deadline for all Tracks — 30th September, 23:59 Irish time
- Extended Submission Deadline for all Tracks — 11th October, 23:59 Irish time
- Acceptance Notification for all Papers —
31st October 20207th November , 2020
- Camera Ready Submissions (all tracks) —
7th November 202015th of November, 2020
Paper Submission Link
EasyChair submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aics2020
Luca, Lucas, Elizabeth and Arjun